MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (NBA ACCREDITED)
Head of the Department
Dr. Srinivasa Rao Tanneeru is a Professor and Head of the Mechanical Engineering Department. He obtained Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. He received M.E in Thermal Power Engineering from the Gulbarga University, Gulbarga and B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur. He has a vast experience of 23 years in teaching and research and worked in various prestigious organizations. He has published many papers in International Journals (SCI-10, SCOPUS-12) like ASME, International Journal of Ambient Energy, Fuel, Taylor & Francis, SAGE, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, SADHANA and DE GRUYTER.
He was appointed as a member of Board of Studies (BOS) for the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University College of Engineering (A), JNTUK, Kakinada for R19 & R20 Regulations. He is an Editorial Board Member of American Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (AJMME) and also acted as a reviewer for many International Journals as Taylor & Francis. He is a Fellow Member in FIITE, life member of ISTE, IAENG and IASTER professional societies. His research interests include Experimental Gas Dynamics, Jet Control Techniques, Thermodynamic Analysis of Power cycles and Refrigeration cycles, Flow Visualization Studies for Low-speed and High-speed Flows and Alternate Fuels for I.C.Engines. He delivered several guest lecturers throughout the India. He has an extensive knowledge in the field of Thermal Engineering. He supervised and mentored undergraduate and post graduate students. At present, he is guiding three Ph.D scholars.
Click Here for his complete profile.
Vision and Mission of the Department
To impart the knowledge of mechanical engineering with global perspectives for graduates to serve the industry in particular and the society at large through quality education and research.
- To enable graduates to be technically strong,ethically sound with good communication skills by innovative teaching methods
- To provide world class education to mould the students, so that they possess good leadership qualities and professional skills.
- To create a conducive environment and facilities to improve overall personality development of the students.
- To create an awareness of the social responsibilities of an engineer.
- To bond strong relationship with industries to upgrade the knowledge of the students through exposure for cutting edge technologies.