Rules & Regulations
- The contest will be held on September 15th, 2017 in the Computer Laboratories at C Block. Contestants should meet at 9:30 for a brief introductory talk followed by a screening test. The contest proper will begin at 10.00 am - and end at 3.00 pm.
- Code – A – thon will begin at 12:00 PM and end at 3:00 PM clock time.
- All contestants are required to present a valid student identification card.
- Contestants cannot bring any notes or textbooks to the contest room. Blank sheets of will be supplied.
- Contestants are advised not to discuss the problems they are assigned with other contestants.
- Referees will be assigned to observe teams throughout the contest and report any problems and/or violations of the rules to the Contest Committee.
- Any violation of rules will subject to elimination of contestant.
- Contestant will not be allowed to leave contest room once the contest is commenced.
- Each contestant will be allowed to use only a single computer and must write and test their programs on that machine, wholely within the contest room.
- Contest will be held in hacker rank web site and will be made available on the eve.
- Contestants may write their programs in whichever language they prefer. The following programming languages will be available.
- Contestants may not seek hints and/or ask for leads during the contest. They may, however, submit questions about procedure and/or clarification, in writing, to the Contest Committee who will ensure that all contestants receive the same information as deemed necessary.
Evaluation of Contestants' Programs
- All Contestants will be given the same set of problems to solve.
- Each problem will have a specified point value. The more difficult the problem, the more points a correct solution will receive.
- Programs will be tested by hacker rank website test cases.
- The Contest Committee will tally the scores for each contestant and publish a complete list. The Contest Committee's decision in all matters is final.
- Rs 3000 /- will be awarded as first prize.
- 2000 /- for second prize
- Participation certificate will be given to contestants who have cleared coding round.
- While every care will be taken in the preparation, grading and a judication of the contest, neither the Contest Committee, VVIT, Computer Society of India, nor any of the sponsors, may be held liable for mistakes or omissions howsoever arising.
- The contest is intended to foster social, educational and intellectual goals. Contestants are expected to enter into the spirit of this and approach the contest as an enjoyable, fun activity.