ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (APPLIED FOR ACCREDITATION BY NBA)
The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) was established in 2007 at VVIT. Its graduates served the society since 2011 and have been making tremendous impact to the well being and development of the country. Over the years, power systems, electronic, computers and information processing have evolved at dazzling speed, and have permeated to every aspects of life and the society at large.
To nurture young and fresh minds into disciplined and globally competent technocrats with ethical values to excel in the arena of Electrical and Electronics Engineering leading to sustainable development of society.
- To produce qualified engineers with technical knowledge and innovative skills to cater the dynamic requirements in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contribute to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, research and development activities.
- To produce graduates with leadership and Entrepreneurship qualities.
- To make our students life-long learners capable of building their careers upon a solid foundation of knowledge.
- Ensure that our students are well trained in interpersonal skills, team work, professional ethics, environmental awareness and participate in professional society activities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives of the B.Tech in Electrical Electronics Engineering are given below and are numbered from PEO1 to PEO4.
PEO-1: To prepare the students for academic and professional life of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
PEO-2: To train the students to adapt to the technological developments, innovations and updates in order to prepare them for their profession.
PEO-3: To impart knowledge and skills that enables the students to work effectively with professional ethical values, as individuals and as team members in multidisciplinary environments.
PEO-4: To encourage the graduates to pursue higher studies, research assignments and as entrepreneurs.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The programme outcomes that the department presently adapts to are as follows:
- Engineering knowledge: apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Graduates will be able to
PSO-1: Apply the engineering fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate, design and investigate complex engineering problems of electric circuits, power electronics, electrical machines and power systems and to succeed in competitive exams like GATE, IES, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT, etc.
PSO-2: Apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering hardware and software tools in power systems and power electronics to engage in life-long learning and to get an employment in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
PSO-3: Understand the impact of engineering solutions in societal and environmental context, commit to professional ethics and communicate effectively.